11 May 2012

transformation series #1

And here comes the next one!

Sundress #2



This one was easy to make, and quite fast, as it is NOT made from scratch.
Introducing the idea of recycling your clothes:

There once was this blouse from H&M.

It was in my closet for some years and was not worn not even once.
I kept it all this time having the good faith to wear it someday.
I really liked the fabric, pure cotton it is,
but apparantly the likings ended up there as, alas, it never left my closet.
Although I didn't know exactly what it was that I didn't like, I decided to give
it a second chance and transform it into a dress.
(I am trying to be more-of-a-dress girl, remember..?)
Maybe it was just the buttons' fault after all,
because as soon as I replaced them everything brightened up!


For the skirt I added a fabric in contrasting color.
I had to try many ones out and this polka dot fabric is the big winner.
It gives the neutral, and thus boring, beige coloured blouse a funny touch.

I tried to be more organised this time and document the various steps,
but soon I forgot all about it, so I have only these...
step1: marking the waistline 


step2: cutting it


step 3: cutting a rectangle for the skirt from the new fabric  

I reused the original pockets, of course,
(you can see them "hiding" in there..;o)

and made the sleeves a bit longer:
I prefer them at elbow height, almost aligned with the waistline.


changing fabrics for the various details, love it!


And here we have it, with hands inside the pockets...

...and hands outside the pockets!
 

Content with the result I would say.

Last but not least, a big THANKS to  
the photographers!

I get too serious when posing, I feel embarassed I suppose,
but they succeeded in getting me to smile! ;o)





3 comments:

  1. Εύγε Νατασού, πολύ όμορφο το φορεματάκι,
    πραγματικά, και το μπεζ του πάει, ειδικά με το κυανούν κάτωθεν

    ReplyDelete
  2. Καλημέρα ξάδερφε! ωραία τα λες, να μας τιμάς όποτε μπορείς! :ο))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Πολλά μπράβο στο μοντέλο, στους φωτογράφους και φυσικά στην μοδίστρα!!

    ReplyDelete